We know some of you will be shooting fireworks during the summer and especially around the Fourth of July. Please be
One in six eye injuries from fireworks results in permanent vision loss.
Here are 10 safety tips.
• Fireworks packaged in brown paper are made for professional displays – avoid buying.
• Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities, especially with sparklers.
• Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
• Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
• Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire and to douse used fireworks before discarding in trash.
• Never allow young children to play or ignite fireworks.
• Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
• Never try to re-light or pickup fireworks that have not ignited fully.
• Never place a part of your body directly over a firework device when lighting.
• Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.